Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Prayer of St. Francis by Sarah McLachlan





I am unable to sit in court today to hear the truth be told in the case of Raye Smith today. In conveying my support and unending love for this family, I send this prayer. In my private conversations with Raye, I do believe she would claim these words as her own. It is time for God to use His infinite wisdom and we pray grant mercy on her. 
You are in my prayers today Raye. And you will always be loved and not forgotten by those who know your heart. God be with you and your family.

"Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon,
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light, 
     and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may 
     not so much seek to be consoled, 
     as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are
     pardoned
And it is in dying that we are
     born into eternal life."
                                          Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!! May God grant you freedom and peace Raye Dawn. You have already suffered tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

MaryAnn Lubas