Thursday, September 30, 2010

i want to know what love is



Gosh - I was just listening to Ambrosia - How Much I Feel. Great song. Then up popped Foreigner.
Now, being a girl of the late 70's & early 80's, Foreigner was at one time quite a popular band. I think some of their contemporaries were the Doobie Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, the Bee Gees, Journey, ELO, Styx - boy - am I showing my age. 
I remember I dated this nice guy named Rob who played the guitar and would sing, "Waiting for a Girl Like You" to me. Very sweet and kind. And so life goes.
Again, the lyrics of this song are cathartic in the sense that I feel them when I hear them. Deeply. It is a battle cry of the wounded heart. Just reaching out wanting so badly for the love to be returned that I so freely give.
So I dedicate this song to all those hearts out there that share that same yearning to feel a deeper level of connection and love out there. It is waiting for you. When you find it, never let it go.

No comments: