Monday, August 30, 2010

music...

I  just bought myself an iHome to go next to my bed. I am so enjoying the local jazz station. Right now I am listening to "I Just Haven't Met You Yet" - Michael Buble. Great song - I do love his voice. The kind of youthful crooner someone my age really likes. it is such a treat to sit in the dark and compose my blog listening to great music. Truly! I'd say I feel close to heaven just laying here in peace.
Lots of angst going on around the house. Kami goes on her first big backpacking trip in middle school and Gary is beating the whole experience to death packing and repacking her backpack. Making her pack it over and over and roll up the matt and stuff the sleeping bag. Yes - these are definitely things she is going to have to do however, to have an 11 year old do them over and over again. She is overtired and crying. I interfere and they both react. So it's best that I lay in bed and just get away from it all. That's hard to do in such a small house for sure. But I am loving the solitude. It won't last for long, trust me.
"Sweet Love" - Anita Baker is playing now. Love the saxophone. She is one of my favorite ballad singers - and Sade is another. I adore her. So many songs I can't even think of all those I would consider in my shortlist of most loved.
My tummy is acting up today. Ulcerative colitis is an insidious disease. You just never know what is going to trigger it. Most definitely it was brought on initially by stress. But when I take care of myself, it is hard to figure out why I have painful reoccurances. I took some stomach settling meds and it is helping. I need to call the doctor.
So when I close my eyes to listen to the beautiful music, I am transported to an apartment in the city that has a gorgeous view - full windows. I am laying in bed - no shades on the windows and I can see the skyline for miles. It is breathtaking. And the music continues to play - taking me to far away places only my imagination can dream of.
And the door opens and it is the end of my respite tonight. So I will express my gratitude for the peace I have been given as the lights get switched on and the solitude of my time ends. And so it goes...

No comments: