Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a gorgeous night in sun valley


I am housesitting at a friend's place - watching her child and her home in the Valley Club. It is quite a magnificent home - super large and spacious. All the privacy a girl could want. It's a gift to stay here.
My bedroom is as big as my house...
I was going out in my nightgown to get my phone from the car and realized how glorious a night it was. Actually, I experienced that earlier on the front porch of my home. A beautiful night for a walk under the stars. Perfect weather nights of calm are such a gift. 
Hanging from the truss of the front porch are two swings. I decided, why not? So I sat down and started to swing. In the dark. Under the stars. With the crescent moon in full view.
And I thought about God not creating junk. And I thought about all the people like me who long to feel connected to each other in some meaningful way, And I took a deep breath and thanked Him for bringing some incredibly special people into my life to help me find my way along this difficult path called life.

No comments: