Friday, September 17, 2010

sitting on the grass...

Sitting on the grass is a lost past time of youth. I remember laying on the grass and watching the clouds roll by. What shape would they be? And I would imagine myself becoming an angel and hopping from cloud to cloud in heaven. Then it would be followed by feeling hoisted up by an airplane, breaking through the cloud layer and feeling the warmth of the sun. All leading thoughts.
I love to feel the grass between my fingers. The smell of it being fresh cut. Almost like God's carpet, inviting you to lay down and make yourself comfortable. Stay and meditate a while. Look up into my sky. Look up at my stars. Look for those you have lost shining brightly above you, watching your every mood, feeling your every feeling with joy that you are participating in your life. And you are present in that moment that will never come again.
I got to sit on the grass again. It was soft and green and lush. And I loved every moment of it. I felt comfortable and free. The person I really am. Relaxed and calm. Just wanting to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk... But my time was limited, sitting in the grass. And I had to leave. Only to look forward to the next time I get to sit in the grass and feel once again at one with the earth.


No comments: