Tuesday, September 21, 2010

judge not lest yea be judged



I was always taught to let God be the judge of actions of other people. Any person walking this planet has no idea of the heart of another except through their integrity and the display of their actions. We cannot assume that any of us are super human in that regard. None of us can presume to know the answers to any given problem in a day. I do know one thing for sure. I know that Raye Smith did not kill her daughter.  I know that Kathie Briggs went full force to vindictively take her down. I know that Richard Smothermon wanted to get re-elected and felt threatened. I know that there was juror misconduct. I know Kelsey's father abuses women. I do believe that Michael Porter sodomized and killed Kelsey Smith Briggs. In the many times I have written about this case and advocated for it, I have presented accurate data and truthful facts. These seem to be blatantly disregarded and I, as well as many other decent human beings who advocate for truth and justice, are attacked repeatedly for simply stating fact. There are no laws to protect us. There are no laws to protect you who read this. These nameless, faceless creatures who create colorful stories about their fictional lives profess to actually live the story they never heard about until after it happened.
God gave you and I all a brain to use to discern between evil and good. And unfortunately, the evil get most of the attention. I am almost sick to my stomach that this pack of wolves feels it their duty to attack every voice that speaks for justice however I will not stop advocating for Raye. Because she did not kill her child. Period. Because to stop advocating would be to allow these people to win. 
Here's a couple of bible verses for all you out there demanding justice who can't be Christ-like and allow forgiveness in their hearts.  
James 4:17 - So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
Romans 12:21 - Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
They will not overpower the group of educated intellects who are not afraid to fight for what it right. To speak our truth. Jody Ortiz and her book will clearly spell this out for all of you. However I doubt that in reading it, any of you will actually comprehend what it clearly states.
I am grateful and glad that my catholic parish sees this for exactly what it is. Those of you who chose to not fight a clean fight will have your own conscience and your Higher Power to deal with. My is clean. Go ahead and phone the Pope if you like. My telephone line goes directly to my God.
I also want to comment that I heard that at the "local fair", the fictional writer's of "Who Killed Kelsey?" believe it is tasteful to auction off a photograph of a wrongfully convicted mother and her dead child. This may well be the sickest thing I have ever heard in the past year. Now I ask you this - who in the world would want this hanging in their home? This is yet another way to prostitute the death of this wee baby by a pedophile who was given a plea deal by the child's grandmother.
Disgraceful.
And - because I want you all to read how foolish you sound, please go to the link. I will await the calls from my parish for being the Anti-Christ.
Please do yourselves all a favor and advocate for a more loving and forgiving world. I think we could all use a little bit more love around us.
And Raye - I do love you honey. I know where your heart is. Stay strong because the fight doesn't end until it's over.
Catholic News Agency



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

You are such a wonderful person and strong supporter. God has brought you into our lives to show compassion where it needs to be shown. Those who spread the hate lack the compassion that fills you. Thank you for sharing it with Raye and her family. I share your disgust at people who don't share our faith but dare to judge us.

Also, thank you for taking the time to read my book. I knew you would understand it because you are intelligent, unlike those whose words fill my book to such a disgraceful level of ignorance that my spell check won't even work on the document.

Have a blessed day!

Jody

wjnorbom said...

As you know Jody - I have tremendous respect for you and appreciate full well the challenges you have endured on this journey you never set out to take. However, I do believe there will be a reward for the sacrifice of your personal boundaries and the freedom you have lost because you have chosen absolutely the only path you (or even I) could take. It is simply wrong what has happened to Raye and her family. It is unjust. It is unfair. It reeks of corruption on many levels. And it is the duty of those who have conscience to advocate loudly and speak for injustice or we all will suffer in the end.
I honor your sacrifice dear woman. So much integrity and character in an adorable little package.
Thank you for showing me a higher road.
God bless you and I am always here for you. We still have mountains to climb and once this book is published, it is not going to be easy.