Tuesday, October 5, 2010

so - this is really unbelievable

My darling beautiful child says to me tonight - mama - I know you went walk running with your friends last week. Can I help you get better at it? I just finished my halibut for dinner with green beans and a salad and I thought... hmmm. I wonder. So I put on my little nylon shorts and shirt, my running shoes and said, "OK - let's go around the subdivision. However, know this. I do not run. I only walk and then a little jog." SO off we went. I started jogging. My knees didn't hurt (they always hurt). So I kept jogging.
Well - here is what is completely unbelievable. I made it all the way around jogging. I didn't stop. Of course, seriously, she ran circles around me and laughed and encouraged me to keep going. It was so much fun. Really.
Now here's the deal. I don't get that high you exercise maniacs get. I simply do not have that endorphine high and have been tested for it. However, I kept going and I feel fabulous for finishing. I didn't get sick (my mother always told me I could never run). And I am sitting here writing about it like I just finished a marathon because it really feels that good.
Thank you sweet girl. I think we may have to do this EVERY night!
Oh - and I am down 15 now. Awesome for me. It's amazing what love can do when you feel it. 
Time for a shower.

No comments: