Thursday, October 14, 2010

crickets and kids

It's actually quite nice to wake up to the soft sound of crickets. 6:30 AM. Check my messages (love my iPhone except it cuts itself off during calls at whim). 
Down the stairs I go. Turn on 95.3 full blast on the iHome in Jordie's bedroom. Turn the lights on softly in Pat's room. Walk up and kiss my daughter on the cheek and wish her a beautiful day. I get a lovely smile. Time to get up love. Walk to the other side of the California King. Pull the sheet down. Kiss Jordan on the cheek and wish her a wonderful day. 
Then I jump up on the bed and start dancing!
And surely after a few stop this and thats, up they get.
It's nerd day at school. So the girls dress in their Point O'Pines Team Sing clothing. Blue and white with white Ked shoes. Too cute.
Off to make them breakfast. I take the dessert I hoped to serve for lunch yesterday, make Belgian Waffles, cover them with raspberries and drizzle chocolate on top with a dab of whipped cream. They were excited! The dishes go to the sink and the iPod starts to play "September" by Earth Wind and Fire. So off we break into a great dance in front of the kitchen window. Bumping back and forth. I could see us in the reflection and we were all having this great time laughing and dancing like little kids. What a great snapshot. Made my morning! I love this job. The laughter and giggles make me feel so good.
And while one dog tries to eat the other, off they go to school.
Then back they come 10 minutes later. Seems Jordan forgot her flashdrive and craft project. Well the craft project was easy to find. The flashdrive? Hmmmm. Frenetic. Gary (his manic self) in car.
Tore the house apart for 20 minutes. Poor Jordan. I asked Kami to bring Jordie's backpack into the house. And guess what? Searching slowly and carefully, I found it.
That's what moms do.
Hugs, I love yous and out the door.
Ahhhh - the joy of being a mommy. And solving the problem of the day.

No comments: