Sunday, January 23, 2011

what awaits me...

What inspires me? A lot of things do. I get joy out of watching progress. Meaning anything that is changing in a positive direction. It is an interesting way to evaluate things. 
My first thought is the coming of spring. So the progress is slowly watching the snow melt, icicles forming on the eaves. Drip. Drip. Drip. The height of the frozen drifts lowers gradually by day, soon exposing the dirt and sand used to eliminate the ice on the roadway. And as the moisture evaporates upward to the heavens, all that remains of winter is the musky smell of residual mold and dust. Moving about in little tornados when the winds blow. It is all progress towards something more beautiful. Springtime. Crocus pushing their green sprouts up through the soil. Buds on the limbs of the trees. The smell of trees after the rain.
I come alive in the spring. The warmth that surrounds us at this moment in January is deceiving because it is still only January. But it gives me hope of what awaits me around the corner. Being my favorite season, I anticipate its arrival. And it inspires me to declutter. Remove the barren sadness of winter. Enjoy a rebirth. A new year. A new me. A new chance at doing things again from fresh.
I am renewed with hope in springtime of better things to come. Maybe it is more important at this moment because I am feeling flat at this moment. Unfortunately, nothing's improving in my personal relationship. But great excitement in what is coming for my daughter. I get to do a bit of design work for her bedroom. Time to grow it up, my little miss. Make it a white, purple and black or brown wonderland or teenage paradise. Very fun for her.  Extra exciting for me. It is coming this spring.
Then I have thoughts about how to make her spring break a total delight. What can we both do together? A mother daughter trip? 
And then come thoughts of my 50th Birthday. What should I do to honor my special day? Take a trip? Rent a convertible? Hmmm..... 
All exciting things coming up. Things I can plan for and look forward to and that brings me great joy. I can't wait. Because it feels spontaneous and it really is. Even thought I have to plan it to afford it. But I will make it happen in a uniquely special way.
So the match has lit the wick and it slowly burns. My mind is swirling with new ideas. The end of this year will show great change and I am excited. I can't wait to see exactly what I can accomplish. After all - there are a lot more days in the year of Wendy and I intend them to all be full.

No comments: