Saturday, January 8, 2011

Turn around...

So it is the day I have dreaded for ever... my daughter is a "grown-up" woman in every way and I now get to grieve the loss of my child. No longer a child. But always, my child. 
It takes me back to when she lost her baby teeth and I was devastated. It simply is going by much too fast for me. The milestones stick with you forever when you're a mommy.
She is not sure about the whole thing. Probably as unsure as I am about ending mine. She steps into womanhood. I step into my final journey through my youthful adult years. To tell you the truth, it has never been that useful to me so I would be thrilled to see it gone for good. 
Being such a late bloomer, I never really got caught up in the excitement that my friends went through when it was their time. I was always trailing dreadfully behind. I never thought I'd ever grow breasts ever! 
Bras were a foreign piece of clothing for me. Always build like a twig. Now more of a modified stump. 
I do get excited to visit Victoria Secret every once in a while because I can actually wear a bra now. 
To mark this milestone day, I will do nothing but cuddle with her just like I did yesterday. She is every bit my child as she always will be. In public, she acts like she is a miniature grown up but she and I know better. She still needs me and as long as she does, forever and ever, I will always be here. No matter what.
I love you sweet Mary K... xox

No comments: