Sunday, January 16, 2011

i saw you

I saw you.
It was brief.
I was driving along. You were getting gas. And my heart stopped.
Should I pull in?
Should I keep going?
I was respectful.
I kept going.
But it felt strange because I felt sorrow.
And fear. Why fear?  
Are your words to scare me... really?
I am not afraid. 
I have done nothing wrong.
Or are you just vulnerable and fearful? 
Afraid to hurt me? Afraid of hurting yourself more?
You have nothing to be afraid of.
Because you shared your truth.
Was it your truth?
Because we have done nothing wrong.
I simply believed you.
Being friends isn't wrong.
Supportive of individual journeys isn't wrong.
Life is like walking a tightrope. It's tough.
Really tough.
And we all need our friends. To get by.
Remember, the shared experience empowers us.
And I miss you my friend.
I really do.
And I wish you peace.



No comments: