Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Heart Tree


Somewhere, near the river's edge, lies the heart tree. Whenever one finds a "heart" rock, that is, a rock in the shape of a heart, they place it near or on the heart tree. Many hearts surround it... loving hearts, lonely hearts, grieving hearts, bountiful hearts, searching hearts and joyful hearts. Each is placed carefully as an offering and symbol of each visitor's emotions. It is an unspoken rule - you never take a heart rock from the tree. Once it is there, it stays for life. As well, the rocks have no stories on their surface. Only their shape leaves it's imprint and you are left to wonder it's meaning and wish. I have several under the tree. Sharing space with other whole hearts of different shapes, sharing hope for comfort in their communion.

2 comments:

Galopea said...

I really liked your blog,specially because you tell very deep feelings.I also liked the way you descibe yourself as an interesting in liberal thinker and the way you appreciate living.I`d like to be in touch with u. Sorry about my english too.

wjnorbom said...

Thank you for your lovely comment - it is important for me to be honest when I write because I use it as a way to release feelings that I hold inside. I also have a serious sense of humor which hopefully will come out more as I blog! You are welcome to contact me - unfortunately I cannot speak Spanish (I am much better at French - being Canadian). And don't apologize for your language. It is beautiful in it's own unique way. Blessings...