Monday, June 15, 2009

First Times...


Tonight I took my first ride on a motorcycle. Not just ANY motorcycle, but a Harley Electra Glide Motorcycle. Repeated scare tactics, very real fears expressed by my father, have kept me off one for all of these years.
That open feeling, coupled with the fragrant aroma after a spring shower, truly took me in. It is a feeling of freedom; the speed, the wind, the opportunity to transport your mind (easy to do as a passenger) can easily hook you. And I get why a motorcyclist would love to eliminate that nasty helmut. However foolish that would be, it certainly would complete the sensory experience of flying. Well almost...
So to the tune of Billy Joel's Allentown, I won't forget the giggles and feel grateful for being able to capture that brief moment to relive in my dreams. Maybe again someday.

2 comments:

JAldrich said...

I want one! I want one bad!! I use to ride one about 10 years ago but wound up selling it. Luckily I have a brother that owns a Harley and I still get to ride occasionally but I envy you big time right now. LOL :)

wjnorbom said...

Well you, too, could own one of these. My boss, Adam, bought them both for his brothers to ride to Sturgess for 2 or 3 years. They are both 2003 models with extras and less than 6,000 miles each. We have to sell both of them for him. Pretty nice bikes! I'll send you a photo when I get that far. And super reasonable considering they've been parked for over 4 years.