Sunday, April 17, 2011

plans


This excerpt - again from Grey's Anatomy - seems to speak to where I am right now.
I spoke with a treasured friend this morning. Everyone wants to help me. 
I so appreciate that the very people I expect are offering their love and support. 
And what they do when they validate me, is subtly urge the necessity it has become
to move forward, providing me with the courage I really need right now.
I am scared out of my mind. Truly.
I try to remember what it was like to leave my home and the safety and comfort of my 
friends and my work. It was so painful. And it will be gut-wretching to uproot again.
I was happy there once. I can be happy there again. I just have to have faith and trust. 
I have to believe I can make this work. 
We are together as a family - however - there is not money this time. 
It will just be one day at a time - true survival. 
And maybe, with that little courage and inner voice, we'll find our way back home. Somewhere safe and secure for a change. 
Life. A surprise around every corner.

The thing about plans is they don’t take into account the unexpected.
So when we’re thrown a curveball in life,
We have to improvise.
Of course, some of us are better at it than others.
Some of us just have to move on to Plan B and make the best of it.
And sometimes, what we want is exactly what we need.
But sometimes,... sometimes what we need is a new plan.

No comments: