Monday, April 18, 2011

Pain


This quote below reminds me of a previous relationship. 
Forever and ago.
When I first heard it - it cut through my heart.
The exact words I would have chosen if I only could have found them at that time.

What did you just say to me?
I don’t remember ever asking you to forgive me.
You don’t get to call me a whore.
When I met you, I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with.
I was done. 
With all the boys, 
and all the bars, 
and all the obvious daddy issues.
Who cared?  
Because I was done.
You left me.
You chose her.
I’m all glued back together now.
I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke.
You don’t get to call me a whore.


And that leads me to...
Pain.
You just have to ride it out.
Hope it goes away on it’s own.
Hope the wound that caused it heals.
There are no solutions.
No easy answers.
You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside.
Most of the time, pain can be managed.
But sometimes the pain gets you when you least expect it.
It’s way below the belt, and doesn’t let up.
Pain.
You just have to fight through it.
Because the truth is, you can’t outrun it.
And life always makes more.

No comments: