Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Did I say more to come?


I have struggled as to whether to step back and "super document" how I almost lost my dear husband. Because it feels like stepping back to fear, I have decided not to do it. I will, however, close this off by saying that he is recovering very well. His cholesterol was super high with reversed numbers, he is diabetic, has super high blood pressure and his thyroid simply does not work.
Suffice to say that he has not been to his physician in over 6 years. And at that time he was warned, given a statin drug and made a decision not to take it. He is certainly very regretful because his left carotid artery is almost completely blocked and his chance of reoccurrence is between 30 -50%.
I always said that if you don't want to go to the doctor for yourself, go for your child. She needs her parents. So I will end this chapter by saying that I hope you will all learn your "numbers". Go on that statin drug if need be. They are a miracle truly! Eat properly and exercise. Even if you hate it. In this great big world you are loved by so many (even more than you realize!) and you owe it to those loves in your life to know just how well you are doing.
Thank God we were so lucky. It could have been so much worse. I now appreciate each day in an entirely different way and am thankful for each breath and for all of you, my friends.

No comments: